Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Coffee anyone?

Creative Kristi

Friday, April 10, 2009

Coffee anyone?

Hi all, I finally got around to 'creating' and not just 'spring cleaning' last week. Here is my finished gift for my aunt who recently did her kitchen in a coffee theme!

(and if she is reading this: *shhhh! The *surprise* kitchen towels to match are coming soon!*)

Supplies are listed at the bottom!



I started off with flat backed clear glass pebbles:

Then I made a stamp "mask" from my stamped image:
(for those of you who don't know, a mask is made on a scrap piece of paper and you cut away the part of the image you want to keep, leaving the parts you don't want, then you stamp OVER this 'mask' and you only get the part you want when you lift up the mask)


This is what was left of my image when I lifted my mask, just the cute little coffee mugs & steam!

Here is the final magnet
(
the glue has not finished drying here that is why it is a little cloudy, make sure whatever glue you use is A. STRONG since you will be gluing the cardstock to the pebble and the magnet will only be adhered to the cardstock-not the pebble! and B. Dries CLEAR, since you put glue on the back of the pebble then the image gets glued to the bottom of the pebble!)
(Notice the brown ink on my fingers? I am NOT a 'clean' crafter! lol!)


And while this has nothing to do with my craft o' the day: Here is my little stamp "store" that greets me as I walk in my craft room! YAY!
(and btw, I need about 30 more of these shelves to even begin to hold my rubber stamp collection...I believe my husband is happy I am collecting more clear stamps now and storing them in cd cases! lol!)


Supplies:
Stamps: 2008 Holiday Tag Collection Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate Papertrey Ink
Glue: Aleene's Original Tacky glue
Card stock: Vintage Cream Papertrey Ink
Other: Adhesive Backed Magnet tape- (I got mine at wal-mart but there was no brand name on it, but I found some on JoAnn's too!), Glass pebbles- Marble Accents Jumbo Clear Gems- JoAnn's

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home