Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Fireplace Before & After

Creative Kristi

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fireplace Before & After

Woohoo! The shiny polished brass is *almost* gone from my house (have to switch out the dining room chandy for one I bought almost 2 years ago, oops). But at least I can say it is gone gone gone from my living room! Woot!
Here is the shiny offender before:


And here is the lovely after (2 coats of heat resistant paint in the only color they had: satin black):
 

And now my nesting has turned on the brick. I want to white wash them, and don't tell me I can't or I shouldn't.....it's my house- I live here. :)

So hope you like the transformation! 
-Kristi

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 4, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Blogger ebartlett8386 said...

I really like the new look, great job!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Jill said...

wow Kristi what a difference! Great job!

 
At February 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Erin said...

getting rid of the brass is a great idea! down with brass! i painted my brick fireplace white a few years ago and i love it!!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

LOVE IT! I've talked to the hubby until I'm blue in the face about the ugly brass in our home. He agrees, it's just not high on the list of priorities (not for him anyway..) We're getting hardwood floors put in soon, if we ever decide on a color. Maybe then he'll have more incentive to do the pretty stuff..

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home