Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Get Your Face On Party!

Creative Kristi

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Get Your Face On Party!


So I decided to join Beth's (from The Stories of A to Z) challenge & show my nakey face, share a makeup tip & then the after. It is not something I would usually do but since she is good at pressuring/guilting on Twitter (hehe just kidding Beth!!) I decided last minute to join in. Her linky party needed some more links. 

So here is my just out of the shower face with just moisturizer on:
 

Now that is what the world sees about 99.9% of the time because I just really don't think to put on makeup unless it is an 'event' I'm going to. Which is sad considering I am a consultant for Pink Papaya and we sell color as one of our lines. Oh well.

So I start with Pink Papaya's Pore Perfecting Face Primer all over to just 'smooth' my skin and usually that's it for an all over face product because I don't really wear foundation.
Then I use a brown eyeliner pencil on both the upper and lower lids but only from the outside to about 3/4 of the way across and I drag my finger across to 'smudge' it so it isn't a harsh line.

My tip is for mascara. I always suggest women put on one coat the way they usually do- just a little wiggle/sweep upwards under the lashes then turn the want vertical and do a windshield wiper motion with just the tip of the wand. Like this:

 
I know that's hard to see but you get the idea. It's really hard to put on mascara, take a picture and not look like an idiot anyway lol! The reason why I do this is that it coats the entire lash (the sides of each individual lash) not just the underside. I finish with one more swipe the 'normal' way to 'un-clump' any lashes that might have stuck together. I do NOT put the wand back in the mascara until I move to the next eye- no spider eyes/clumpy messes!! I use-what else?- Pink Papaya's HD Mascara in Carbon Black

Anyway, after that I'm usually done but today I decided to pop on some lip color. Pink Papaya's Lip Rougue in Melon Sorbet

Here are the products:


And the "after"

Not a whole big change but it makes me feel a little more 'put together' 
(Just a note- I did nothing to my hair...it's still straight out of the shower/air drying)

Don't forget to go check out Beth's Linky party for "Get Your Face On!" to see all the other links!! :)

-Kristi


Ok so if you are interested in trying any of the products free (and live in my area) please visit my Pink Papaya site and contact me. Or you can also shop online too.

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At February 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Linds said...

Less is BEST and you're so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! We all need to do a dove comercial or something! hee hee

 
At February 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had YOUR fresh face I wouldn't be in this party, lol! You are just lovely!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look lovely. Isn't it amazing how just a little bit can make you feel better!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Jennifer Juniper said...

You look rosy and fresh, just you but better :)

 
At February 17, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Anonymous maura said...

Natural and fresh. What a nice combo on you!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Miki said...

I agree with what the other ladies said - you look fresh and lovely! Miki

 
At February 17, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Yay for peer pressure! An everyday look should just be an improved you but better and that is exactly what you've got going on here. You look beautiful. Thanks so much for being brave enough to link up!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

cute, cute, cute! You're darling.
I have a friend that sells for Pink Papaya, too!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 6:42 PM , Blogger SkinnyMeg said...

You look great! I've never heard of Pink Papaya I'm gonna have to check that out, I love new products!

 
At February 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Charity said...

You look great, This is what I look like day to day, but for special days I do like to doll up. Thanks for being brave I feel like I have gotten to know people so much better.

Cha Cha

 
At February 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

WOW... a natural beauty!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

You are naturally beautiful...so blessed! I like your light makeup look, so fresh and clean!

Blessings, Grace

 
At February 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

You have such beautiful skin and such a pretty smile! Thanks for the mascara tip...I'm going to try it today!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Very pretty ~ your make up gives you a gorgeous glow.

 
At February 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

You are so cute! Thanks for stopping by and say Hi. I wish that I could just let me hair hair dry. I look like a drown rat if I do. I love the natural make too.

 
At February 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Karli @ RockyBella said...

Hasn't this been fun? thanks for stopping by. I like you shot when your doing your eyes. Men have it so easy! =)
You look great!!!!!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM , Blogger sara said...

you are beautiful just out of the shower! your natural makeup is perfect!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

thank you so much for the sweet comment! you are so beautiful! :)


http://lovejunesong.blogspot.com/

 
At February 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger stephanie h said...

Just adorable!!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Carol said...

I love your look, very open and friendly!

 
At February 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Gail said...

Very lovely. You've got really pretty skin. ;)

-Gail @ The Nurtured Nest

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home