Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: V-Day mantle!

Creative Kristi

Friday, February 5, 2010

V-Day mantle!

I am excited that my fireplace re-do is finally done so that I can join Beth at The Stories of A to Z's Friday Mantel party!!

So here is my on a budget and don't feel like going to the store with a 2-year old Valentine's Day mantel!

 

And yes I know my tv is off center and the cords are showing (I'm working on that- the tv is off center because the power cord is too short to center it) but this is my REAL mantel- exactly as all my guests see it so that's how you see it- no photoshopping! Although I was tempted......
Here are some close ups with links to where to get the *free* printables!

 
V-day banner and happy heart day circles printed, trimmed, hole punched and hung with dental floss (mmmm minty!)


 
Painted wooden letters from Jo-Ann's last year. They came white and I painted one X & one O red and placed them on the mantel so they spell out XO XO on either side of the tv :)

 
These are hanging from my sconces and it's the same Happy Heart Day circle with a heart freehanded on  heart paper and cut out.

Everything that is printed is printed onto white cardstock and hole punched then hung with dental floss (this is stuff is so strong plus it gives a minty smell when my heater comes on haha) I taped them where necessary with regular scotch tape.

Go check out all the other (much more impressive & festive!) mantels over at Beth's Mantel Party!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Thanks for joining the party and I so hear you on not wanting to drag a toddler around the store with you! I have the same cute banner on my mantel so of course I'm loving yours :).

 
At February 5, 2010 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

I love your X's and O's !

 
At February 5, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Kristi, I always celebrated every holiday with my kids no matter how much money we had and saved the decorations yr to yr...So fun to see seasons change, etc...

have a lovely Valentine's Day! Prayers for your hubby! Jennifer aka Gigi

 
At February 5, 2010 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Together We Save said...

Very cute!! Love your X & O's

 
At February 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Perfect! Simple but lovely! Isn't it nice to have a mantel to decorate?

DD

 
At February 6, 2010 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Stefanie said...

Festive! Thanks for sharing the printables with us!

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home