Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Dog Food

Creative Kristi

Friday, February 19, 2010

Dog Food

Hi all! Just a quick little post today.

I have a tiny kitchen with almost no 'wall' space due to the door to the outside, door to the basement, door to the dining room, large window/pass through to the living room and a weird built in drawer/closet thing.  So storage is an issue (and one that my nesting self is determined to tackle before baby #2 arrives!). We have a dog and the kitchen is where we keep her bowls for food & water. We wanted to keep her dog food close by but couldn't keep the giant dog food bag right there or she would tip it over and eat it all. Seriously. She knows how to get dirty dishes out of the sink. I'm surprised she doesn't open the fridge and help herself.

Anyway we started by pouring the whole giant bag into a tupperware tote thingy...you know the storage ones.
Well that works ok but isn't pretty and takes up a lot of room. So I was browsing last summer at TJMaxx and found an adorable container with a cute little stand for about $10-$15. I bought it and dug out some rub-on letters I had and Voila! here is the kitchen storage for dog food (the tote is relegated to just outside the kitchen door in the 'mud room'). I love this because it holds just about a week's worth of food, is functional and pretty!

Now if you are really picky (and I usually am but having a toddler forces you to just let some things go) you can spray this stuff on top of the rub-ons to give them more lasting power. But I like my rub-ons getting kinda 'chippy' looking like worn off old paint so I didn't seal them.
 

Just wanted to share with you all that you can have functional and pretty out in the open storage for all those annoying things that are necessary! 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Mc Allen said...

wow, that is a seriously great idea!!! I dont know that I would have ever thought of it ;) And your right, much prettier :) xxoo LA

 
At February 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Katie @ BurbTales said...

Omgosh I didn't even know poly came in spray cans. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home