Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Baby shower invitations!

Creative Kristi

Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby shower invitations!

Well I finally got my baby shower invites done & in the mail so I can share them here! :)
Let's get to it shall we? The theme is Cupcakes & Tea :)
Here is the whole invite (it's a cardstock pocket card with an insert)
 The words you can see above the pocket say: "A Baby is coming, As cute as can be, so come & celebrate with Cupcakes & Tea!"  I've had this saying saved in my 'idea' file for months and I changed a few words because while I know what I'm having my family does not so I had to make it gender neutral and go with my theme. The original words were: "A baby girl is coming, as sweet as can be, so come out and celebrate with crumpets & tea"  (Forgive me I forgot to copy and paste the url from where I got this invite wording so if it's your work or you know where it was please leave a comment and let me know so I can give credit! Thanks!)

Next we have the insert itself:


Sorry for the bad lighting on this one. Yikes! Anyway this is a vellum overlay that the words are on. The bottom half of the insert says: "Kristi has a Baby on the way, A boy? A girl? We cannot say! Baby ___ will be coming soon, so we're celebrating with Cupcakes & Tea one afternoon, The fun doesn't stop there; give extra thought to what you will wear, Dress in clothes that are PINK or BLUE depending on what you think Kristi will have on the day she is due!"  (Idea & wording came from this post on Head Of the Table)

And lastly this is what it looks like with the vellum underlay lifted up:

Also the shower details are on the back of the insert (printed there in the same font) which is why there is an arrow pointing the way (people were asking haha I guess no one flips over cards anymore!)

Anyway I have lots of gorgeous details planned for this party! I have at least 4 flavors of cupcakes planned to make, lots of cute decorations and I've been too Goodwill a bunch of times buying out their teacups/saucers each time to have enough for the party! I can't wait to share it all with you after the party is over! (Only a couple more weeks don't worry!)
Have a good week if I don't get a chance to post!




Supplies used for invites:
Polka Dot digital paper from: "Kit essentials" by Gina Cabrera
Cardstock: Kraft by Papertrey, Ink, white by Georgia Pacific (wal-mart), Vellum found at Wal-mart also.
Font:  "Loved by the King" 
Stamps: It's A Celebration, Love Songs, and Everyday Classics By Papertrey, Ink (not available-it was a limited edition Anniversary set)
 Ink: Dark Chocolate, Landscape & Summer Sunrise (All Papertrey, Ink)
Other: Corner Rounder, adhesive, Scor-Pal, black Sharpie, Circle punch

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Very fun! I like how it has the overlay. So cute!

XOXO
Jen

 
At April 6, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

They are adorable! Have a fantastic time.

 
At April 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Lindsay Rudolph said...

Too cute! I love that cupcakes are the "in" thing now. I have always been a huge fan of those sweet treats!

Hope the shower is a blast!

 
At April 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Lei said...

So cute!!! Hey - thanks for commenting on my tute over at Tatertots today!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such cute invites! Love them! Stopping by from SITS!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger McVal said...

How adorable! My nephew and his wife are expecting their first and this would be perfect for a shower!

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home