Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Baby Time Guest Post:: Top Notch Eats

Creative Kristi

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby Time Guest Post:: Top Notch Eats

Today I'm lucky enough to be sharing with you a guest post from my favorite food blog Top Notch Eats. Kaleena has my style of cooking: easy, healthy & yummy  food! 

Today she is sharing a recipe for 'Blueberry Coconut Coffee Cake' sounds yummy! Take it away Kaleena!


Adapted from: Week of Menus
I love bringing treats into work. It can sometimes turn a person's day around. I know that I am certainly not a morning person, but when I have something that is so simple to enjoy with my coffee it makes sitting at my desk at 8:00am that much easier.
I also love to bake, but don't like to have the bake goods stay in my house for fear that they will be totally consumed. Usually I hang onto a recipe until I have collected all the items in my pantry or freezer then I bake away. Its wonderful. Baking is one of my favorite things to do because its so simple because all you need to do is take the recipe one step at a time.
This Blueberry Coconut Coffee cake is light, fluffy, and full of the right amount of sweetness. Start off by getting the topping together.
Topping
1. 1/3 cup of flour
2. 1/4 cup of butter at room temperature
3. 1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
4. 1.2 cup of brown sugar
5. 1 tsp of cinnamon
Then combine the 2 cups of all purpose flour in a separate bowl. Add in 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Then mixture 1/2 cup of softened butter with 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs. Add in 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 cup of milk.
Then butter and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Then pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the pan.
Sprinkle a layer of thawed out frozen blueberries.
Then sprinkle half of the topping mixture on top of the blueberries.
Then pour the rest of the cake batter over the top. Then the rest of the topping mixture. Set your oven to 375 degrees and bake it for 40 minutes.
Slice it up, toss it into a container, and get ready to make your friends at work happy campers.
Enjoy !!!


Thanks again Kaleena & I hope you all find your way over to Top Notch Eats and find a new recipe or two!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just the sweetest thing. I love your posts. I'm going to follow you and invite you to do the same.

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home