Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: A conversation with happiness.....

Creative Kristi

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A conversation with happiness.....

Last night after a long day of feeling like my house will never be 'company ready' & my pregnant body was at the point of 'I don't feel any bit of pretty anymore' my son was having a hard time getting to sleep. I was already laying in my bed & hubs brought him in to cuddle with Momma before bed.
I was laying facing away from him watching tv and he cuddled up to my back, put his little 2 & 1/2 year old arm around my neck kissed my back, sighed and said:
D: "momma?"
Me: "what hunny?"
D: "you my friend momma"
Me: "awww buddy you are my friend too. Thank you that made momma happy"
D: "you make me happy too momma"

That's it. That made my day, my week, my month, my everything. After time-outs & 'no you can't have that' and all of that- my son counts me as a friend. If that doesn't make you not give a darn about your house, your body, your self-prescribed shortcomings I don't know what will!


Happy Days to you!


I'm linking this up to my friend Beth's "Virtual Slumber Party #3: What makes you feel beautiful?"

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Tears to my eyes girl. I so get it! Everything melts away in those moments which remind us of true beauty. Thanks for linking up to my very intimate party :).

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home