Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: It's A.......Baby shower!!

Creative Kristi

Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's A.......Baby shower!!

So my baby shower was this past Saturday & I'm just fully recovered enough to edit photos and write a post. Whew! This whole pregnant with a toddler thing takes a lot out of you! (More on that later)

So the theme was "Cupcakes & Tea" and I actually used a lot of ideas I saw floating around the internet & ended up keeping my costs really low.

Ready for some pictures & a surprise? You've seen the invites I sent out...very gender neutral since we weren't telling anyone the gender remember?

Here is the welcome banner & teacup set-up as the guests walked in:


and of course we had to have some Martha Stewart Pom Poms! (well ones I made myself- I don't like to pay Martha for nothin!)


wait....that last pom isn't gender neutral is it?

hey wait- neither are those!! You can't see it in the picture but that banner across the windows says: "It's A Girl!"  Yup- that's right- our plan all along was to tell everyone at the baby shower! Our Little Girl has a due date of June 4th and we put off the baby shower as long as possible so that we could enjoy all the little guessing games going on amongst family & friends! (By the way yes she already has a name but that we don't share until she arrives!)

Let's see more of this shower now huh?

The iced tea & hot tea set-up on my buffet (taken after the party had started so you can see my MIL's camera bag haha)


The cupcake/cheese/cracker/fruit kabob table (directly under those pink poms!)

 I made teapot/teacup shaped sugar cubes which I think are just so cute!

And napkins that I cut/folded into the shape of little dresses & my friend Katie tied ribbon 'sashes' around! Thanks Katie- where would I be without your help?? She also cut & glued the cupcake toppers together for me!

A little more of a close up (better lighting)

And the fireplace banner in the living room complete with a couple of my favorite outfits from a huge lot I bought of Craigslist for $25! Woohoo!

Ok so that is it for pictures I took. Here are the links to all the tutorials/shops/ideas I used so you can use them anyway you want to too!
Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Pom Poms (free)
Martha Stewart Printable Letters (free)
Napkin Dress instructions (free)
Cupcake topper image (free) & instructions (free)
Iced Tea label download (free)
Sugar cube how-to (free)
Teapot mold (not free lol)
Teapot shaped favors ~you rip them apart, plant them & wildflowers grow! (not free-tell them creativekristi sent you! I'm sure they'd love to know I'm talking them up!)


There you go! I mentioned earlier we'd talk a little about how tiring this pregnancy is getting having a toddler too...well I've decided only once a week for posting is about what I've been averaging and I'll try to keep it up until delivery day. After the baby comes I'm trying to arrange a few guest posters for you so that the blog continues but I can recover. I have one who says she'd love to help a new momma out & if any of you want to help please e-mail me: creativekristi (at) gmail (dot) com with the words "Baby Guest Poster" in the subject line. I'm only looking for 3 or 4 and if you have a blog please include a link so I can check it out too. You all know the type of stuff I write about so try to keep it in that general area of topic. If you don't have a blog that's fine too- send me an e-mail anyway and we can work something out! Thanks so much!

Have a great weekend!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2010 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Katie @ BurbTales said...

Awww it's a girl :) How sweet, and how fun that you announced it at the party! All your decorations looked amazing btw. Very creative!

 
At April 29, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Anonymous somedaycrafts said...

I don't know if you know, but your painted countertop post was featured at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com today. Our viewers are loving it! Grab our "featured" button. Check out your stats today!

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home