Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Let’s get back to Main Street, USA

Creative Kristi

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let’s get back to Main Street, USA

 

Do you remember a time before the big box stores? Before the malls? Before a store could be found in more than one town?

4454801461_7c11a0f0ba Photo Courtesy: Galt Museum & Archives On the Commons

I’m talking about Main Street, USA. Filled with shopkeepers who cared about their customers and personally selected every. single. product. in their stores. They offered excellent customer service and because they chose the products personally they could answer questions about them easily and promptly- they didn’t have to ‘check and get back to you’ like so many store employees these days do. In fact, there might not have even been any employees…just an owner working 7 days a week to put food on the table.

Because they worked to get by, not get rich, they truly cared that you, the customer, kept coming back. They wouldn’t tell you that a certain product worked just to sell it to you, they wouldn’t stock a product that wouldn’t work, and if for some reason the product didn’t work for you they would take it back and offer a full refund. They wouldn’t make you pay shipping or a re-stocking fee or only give you store credit. They gave you your money back on good faith that the good gesture of admitting a faulty product or an unsatisfactory experience would keep you coming back to shop there.

You trusted them. You wanted their advice because they weren’t pushy. They didn’t tell you that skirt made you look 50lbs. smaller (what skirt really does that anyway?) they would gently guide you to something that would flatter you even if that something was cheaper then the skirt you were trying on.

Where am I going with this? Well I am pleased & proud to announce that I will soon be one of those shopkeepers! Not with a brick and mortar store and no I’m not opening a Five & Dime- although how cool would that be to bring those back?!

2935524478_9e91012e6d_mPhoto Courtesy: With an Eye 

I am now partnering with The OpenSky Project! I will be opening my own shop soon and stocking it with products that I personally know, love and recommend.

What is The OpenSky Project? It is a new way to shop online- their mission is ‘to make relationship commerce available to everyone on the planet.’  They believe that buying from people you know and trust is the best way to shop.

Before I go to much further I want to insert here that Creative Kristi will not become a pushy, I only blog to make money type of blog. Never. This is something I hope will only enhance your experience here at Creative Kristi. When I blog about something I made or bought I would like a way to easily let you, the reader, get your hands on a product I talked about because to me, talking about a product and not offering you an easy way to buy it also is like inviting you over for a visit, drinking lemonade in front of you and not offering you any! As Steph, from A Full House would say, “How RUDE!”

Part of the fun of The OpenSky Project is that if you find a product you like that isn’t offered in big box stores (or even if it is!) and you want it then all you have to do is e-mail me, and I will work on getting it in my shop for you! Yes you read that right- me- I will be able to work on getting any product I want or YOU want into my shop!

I can’t wait to start this adventure with you! The grand opening for my shop is not to far away keep checking that countdown clock over there on the right sidebar and soon it will be a button with a direct link to my shop!

Please start sending me product suggestions! What do YOU want to see in my Creative Kristi shop?

Here’s to bringing old time Main Street, USA to the internet & right here to Creative Kristi!

Have a Happy Day,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home