Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Red, White & Blue!

Creative Kristi

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Red, White & Blue!

So I had this idea last year, even went and bought the paint…then Hubs told me that he did not think Little Man would let me paint his foot & place it on a piece of paper over and over and over again. So I gave up (because in my mind Little Man would let me if I had Hubs helping me and obviously that wasn’t going to happen).
Let’s fast forward to this year and I’m glad I waited because Miss E gave it a whole new ‘cuteness’ factor! She is only 3 weeks old so I’m sure she wouldn’t have minded me painting her while she was asleep but I went the easy way with her and just traced her hand onto cardstock & cut it out to make a template.
Little Man loved doing this and is so proud of it! He is excited to show some friends that are coming over on the 4th, his flag!
So here is my quick, fun & cute 4th of July craft that I did with both my kids (by myself- Hubs was at work!) and now will have to have framed because it’s just. so. darn. cute. I want to keep it!


What do you think? The top two rows of ‘red’ need to have a heel & toes respectively added that would ‘go’ off the edge of the paper to ‘finish’ the row but other than that I love it! I thought about touching up some of the red on the footprints that didn’t come out so clear but I’m not sure…thoughts?

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy 4th of July! Special thanks to my Hubby & all of our military friends for keeping our nation free everyday! Love you all!


Linking this up to:

The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday




Creations by Kara
Visit thecsiproject.com
giveaways
UndertheTableandDreaming

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!



Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Lessons Learned said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE LOVE LOVE that this is using hand and footprints. so clever and creative!

 
At July 2, 2010 at 8:55 AM , Blogger KatrinkaJane said...

Any tips for doing this with a 3 year-old boy? Did you dip his foot or paint onto it?
((fellow CSI crafter))

 
At July 2, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous Kristi @ Creative Kristi said...

Katrinka I'll answer here in case anyone has the same question. My son will be 3 at the end of the month so I am in the same boat as you ;) I just sat him on the floor ( on many many newspapers lol) and painted his foot red every time we did a new footprint. I placed his foot every time on the paper but you could also just paint his foot and put it randomly on a piece of paper then cut out and paste on your 'flag' later so they are all uniform and in line! :) good luck & if you try this please e-mail me a picture I'd love to see!!

 
At July 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Kristi,
Love the flag! so cute to use hands and feet prints. Thanks for joining the Patriotic Parade.
have a safe and happy 4th!
Linda

 
At July 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Kristi This is adorable! What a great way to capture those little prints each year. Too Cute! I'll be featuring this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At July 7, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'll definitely be doing this with my boys this summer!!

 
At July 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Becki@Just The Three of Us said...

Thank you fir stopping by and seeing our flags! Was a hit at our family reunion. So much fun to do and turned out so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home