Creative Kristi

has been moved to new address

http://www.creativekristi.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Creative Kristi: Disclosure & Disclaimer

Creative Kristi

Friday, July 30, 2010

Disclosure & Disclaimer

 

Today’s post is something that will be posted on a tab up there in my menu bar shortly but I wanted to post it here so everyone will see it first. It is a lot of legal stuff and all that but it is time to comply with some rules and to cover my jiggly, just had a baby butt in case you get hurt or upset! Please read the whole thing (some parts might just make you laugh!) before asking me questions or pointing fingers at me telling me I sold out to ‘the man’ because I’d prefer that you say I sold out to ‘the woman’ mmmkay? hehe just kidding I didn’t sell out I just stopped offering my services that take time away from my family for free- you can’t fault me for that right?

Here we go:

Since I have recently started to offer private advertising on my site (as well as Google Ads) I need to post a disclosure statement in order to comply with the FTC rules on making money while blogging.

Let me first state that Creative Kristi will not change other than my sidebar now has a couple ads on it. In order to justify the amount of time I spend on the computer blogging I felt it necessary to maybe earn some pocket change while doing so.

I am just a mom trying to provide for her family without changing my daily life too much. I am not a jet-setting blogger only in it for the money. I love to blog. I love to create. Why not try to make some money doing what I love?

If you are bothered by this new addition to my site then I’m sorry but I need to do what is best for me and my family. I see it as- while the bagger at the grocery store is providing me a service the store is still paying him/her to do so, they probably wouldn’t do it for free and even if they would (yay! a great human being doing good deeds!) if you offered them compensation they would probably take it because they need to provide food & clothing for their family too right?

Anyway in case you don’t read the following Disclosure statement let me summarize:

I am loud, opinionated and not afraid to ruffle ANYONE’S feathers to let you know I don’t like something. Really. Ask my family- they’ve lived with me for almost 27 years and they know. I will NOT change my opinion just because I got a free item or money (I will thank you because I’m polite but will not change my opinion). I will let you, the reader, know when I received free product or compensation.

There. Ok here goes the legal mumble jumble:

Disclosure Statement:

This policy is valid from 30 July 2010

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact  Creative Kristi- creativekristi@gmail.com

This blog is family friendly and all advertising/comments/content is filtered by me to reflect that. I reserve the right to delete/remove any advertising, comments, links, etc. that does not meet that requirement without notice or refund.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received will not influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog-I have strong opinions and will not be swayed by money. If I like something, I will tell you and want to promote it, if I don’t like something, I will tell you and will not change my opinion in order to receive something free or to get money- Integrity is important to me. If I write a review or receive free product and post about it, or offer advertising space that content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog might be compensated (mainly given free product to review) to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I, the owner of this blog, might receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

Next up is

My Disclaimer:

If you try a project you see on Creative Kristi and you are hurt or mess up the project- It is NOT my fault! I am NOT an expert- I just utilize Google very effectively and read lots and lots (and LOTS) of other blogs. I remember lots of random facts, tidbits and hints/tricks- but that does not mean I remember them accurately (although if Military Man-aka my hubby- is reading this: When it comes to our marriage I remember everything accurately and I have never been wrong mmmkay?).

I do NOT follow the labels instructions usually because I sometimes use the product in ways not intended. Please follow your labels instructions though! If you do something they way I did it while not reading instructions/labels it is not my responsibility and you acknowledge you are doing so AT. YOUR. OWN. RISK.

Please wear safety goggles when doing anything that might even possibly involve flying objects or high pressure! (My mom worked for years in the ophthalmology field so this has been drilled into my head so please just do it for my mom ok? Pretty please???)

Please wear a mask and whenever possible be outdoors when using stinky chemical products. I already feel there are too many people with way less brain cells then are needed to function properly in life (hello?! when it says to YIELD when getting on the interstate and I am already on the interstate- it does not say “speed up and hope the car coming at me will brake and let the 18-wheeler behind her run her over") so please don’t do anything that might kill your brain cells ok? Wear a mask, open windows, go outside, remove your children from the house (send them to Grandmas or something) and just practice general safety!!

Be advised, Creative Kristi cannot be held liable for any accidents, injuries, or really messed up/ugly projects that may result from following my tips or tutorials.

I am selfish so please give me credit for my photos and ideas.

I am happy to have you link to my posts and photos on your blog. However, I ask that you please credit my work and link back to my site. I don't make much money for all my work, so the credit is all I have. All photos are taken with a point and shoot camera or my iPhone, but they are still copyright Creative Kristi.

There. All that un-fun stuff is taken care of- I think. Please come back tomorrow when I may post my latest project (or not because I have a pirate party to finish up!) and get to writing those posts for our linky party Monday- What I did this weekend!

Have a Happy day,

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love getting feedback on my projects since my family doesn't give it ;)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home